In the previous blog of digihooks, we read how the eCommerce industry crossed all the hurdles and claimed success. This industry undoubtedly became a boon for people across the world. 2005 onwards we have seen that there were online stores for either buying fashion related things or travel related solutions. This definitely helped people to bring them online, but believe it or not the comfort of finding things online made them addicted to it. This helped in the growth of various service oriented companies like justdial, RedBus,olx, makemytrip, etc.
But, the company we are talking about has done something different which very few people would have even thought of. Let me introduce to you Mywash.in.
They provide online solutions for guess what? Well, it is about washing clothes. Yes, you read it right. In day to day life, washing clothes sometimes become a hectic task. Even if we provide the clothes to some “Dhobi” there are lot of small problems that we have to face. The accessibility is the biggest problem of all. You have to give the clothes according to their availability, it is hard to reach them through mobile if the delivery is delayed. Even the cost that you pay for it is not that cheap for the kind of service you get from them. All these small problems are addressed and taken care by the team of mywash.in. The door to door pickup and delivery service has provided the customers flexibility and lot of authority as well. These guys have made life so simple and easy for especially for bachelors who just go to their amazing user friendly website, drop in their address with pickup timings and get their clothes washed in just a day or two. The best part about them is what we call as treating customer as God. The packaging done by the team just makes you feel so special. It automatically makes you fall in love with the brand.
The marketing and logistic management of this company has always been their strong point. We asked few question to the Co-Founder of the company Mr. Silus Reddy.
1. Before we begin to know more about you and the company, please tell our readers that was it a genuine try and vision to become an entrepreneur or it happened during the course of life after getting an idea?
It was a genuine try. It was indeed mine and Raghu’s (other co-founder) dream to always startup right from our college days. We worked for several startups from then amassing experience. After four year we finally had the experience and maturity to build something big and then started working on MyWash.
2. Please provide an overview about MyWash.in and its journey so far?
MyWash is an on-demand dry cleaning & laundry startup. We are a tech startup trying to bring a change in how the laundry industry works. Even when I was studying in BITS Pilani we always had a dhobi coming once every week take our clothes and deliver them back (though the quality was horrible) and we never felt the wrath of doing laundry until I started my professional career in Bangalore I had to go to laundry players here. In the days when house can be found at tap of a button, groceries can be ordered in a tap of button, I seriously looked for a good laundry service and we couldn’t find one. So me and my friends started working on this.
We are 3 co-founders, Silus (me), Raghu, & Balaji. All of us have good experience in various startups and we each have about 4 years of experience in helping startups grow. I had experience in marketing, Raghu is the awesomest techie I know and my batch mate at BITS Pilani and Balaji is a designer & Young India Fellowship (YIF) alum. We were extremely fast in executing this idea. From the idea stage to the execution stage we took a mere 2 months. As of now we are doing extremely well in numbers and growing at a tremendous week-on-week and month-on-month growth.
3. Tell us about the difficulties you guys faced during the initial period and how did you tackle them?
The difficulty we faced is dealing with uncertainty and dilemma. Every step is very crucial and we are always unsure what decision will lead where. Especially with each founder having his own opinion it is a challenging task to be coherent.
4. Okay, experts say that finding a co-founder or a partner is like marrying someone. Do you believe in this?
Indeed it is. The amount of trust required is tremendously high. I am lucky enough to find co-founders like Raghu & Balaji. The journey till now has been challenging and at the same time rewarding.
5. The most significant thing about mywash.in is the website.It is simple but attractive. Any special efforts put behind it?
Thanks for the compliments. Balaji our co-founder is a designer and we were clear right from the start that we will have good focus on overall user experience. We put in a lot of effort to improve the user experience significantly. We are working on it even more, coming days MyWash will truly provide the UBER experience.
6. Please tell us more about your cofounders and the roles each of you play in the company?
We are 3 co-founders, Silus (me), Raghu, & Balaji. All of us have good experience in various startups and we each have about 4 years of experience in helping startups grow. I had experience in marketing, Raghu is the awesomest techie I know and my batch mate at BITS Pilani and Balaji is a designer & Young India Fellowship (YIF) alum.
Raghu leads the technology and fundraising areas. I lead the operations & marketing side of MyWash. Balaji helps us both in lot of areas, he is important in all the departments.
7. Now, let’s get to the favorite part of the session, Are you doing digital marketing for your company by yourself or have outsourced to some agencies? How important it is for your company?
Digital marketing is core marketing of MyWash. As of now we are doing everything in house.
8. Which digital marketing platform actually helps you to get more sales and recognition? Social media, Google ads or any other?
Social media – Facebook especially for sure. The reach is quite high and the user engagement is best in this medium for us.
9. What is the major thing that you make sure is perfect while posting on your Facebook page?
We make sure that the over content is in line with the brand image and brand communication. We do not try to convey something that we are not. Our communication is clear right from the start. The organic reach of Facebook is not much. We try to come up with good post and good content (I prefer witty content). Once the content is decided we usually post once or twice a day in the peak times (around 11 and around 8).
10. You guys frequently post on your Facebook page, but not that frequently on twitter, any particular reason for that.
Twitter reach is very less and the engagement is restricted largely to re-tweeting and favorites. However, we are not neglecting this channel it is still given the same amount of attention as facebook.
11. How do you rate the success of these social media platforms for you such as Facebook , Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and linkedIn. in the decreasing order.
Facebook > Twitter > Linkedin > Google+ (for SEO) > PinInterest > Instagram
12. What would you like to say about the growth of digital marketing? Do you think it is the next big thing, if so then why?
Yes, digital has always been the biggest marketing channel right from start. It is not the next big thing, it is the current big thing. Next big thing is something unknown.
13. With 1000 subscription for MyWash.in, what can the customers expect next from the company?
We have more than 5k subscriptions now and this number will very well became stale by the time you are reading this considering the pace we are growing at. The customers can expect good reliable service with minimal hiccups as we grow.
14. Are you planning to provide anything else in terms of service?
Very soon we are rolling out several features and products which will escalate the customer experience to next levels. We will announce the updates on our website when the time is right.
15. How important is logistics management for your company? How do you manage the customer support?
Logistics is the core part of MyWash. We are lucky enough to get some good hires on-board who have vast experience and helps us in executing MyWash well with minimum hiccups.
16. Are you planning to extend the business in other cities as well?
We have been aggressively thinking something in these lines. We will reveal our plans when the time is right. Other cities can have positive hopes that MyWash will be there very soon.
The team of mywash.in did not have a brilliant product nor did they discover anything new. They simply analyzed the problem which people faced and found the best solution for it. As Mr.Silus said that the time gap between getting the idea and implementing it was just 2months. This actually provides you the mantra, we should not waste time thinking what if it fails or what next. This “what and how” will never get over. Just like them, you need to believe in your idea, do proper market research and put forward the most optimized solution for your customers.